HunterLab UltraScan VIS Spectrophotometer
A host of measurement features and specialized sample-handling devices make UltraScan VIS a highly versatile colour measurement spectrophotometer. Because of its exceptional inter-instrument agreement and long-term stability, you can be confident that differences between measurements are due to product color changes, not instrument variability. Materials on the borderline of accepted tolerances will not be unnecessarily rejected.
The UltraScan VIS easily measures both reflected and transmitted color as well as transmission haze and meets CIE, ASTM and USP guidelines for accurate color measurement. UltraScan VIS uses diffuse/8° geometry with automated specular component inclusion/exclusion. For transmission measurement, the use of a robust CIE-conforming sphere instrument (TTRAN Total Transmission mode) effectively negates the effects of minor scattering typically found in transparent samples.
The optical system has an effective bandwidth of 10 nm and spectral data is reported every 10 nm. Tristimulus color calculations are performed from 360 nm to 780 nm as recommended by the CIE. UltraScan VIS includes EasyMatch QC software.
- Measures reflectance, transmittance and haze
- Wavelength range 360 nm - 780 nm
- 10 nm optical resolution and reporting interval
- Two reflectance measurement areas
- Exceptional inter-instrument agreement
- Automated UV calibration and control
- Large transmission compartment open on three sides
- Includes EasyMatch QC software